Frequently asked questions
Overview of frequently asked questions and answers related to the complex service of electronic toll collection
Yes, new registration is necessary. As of 1 December 2019 the consortium of CzechToll and SkyToll is taking over the operation of the Electronic Toll System. The system will have a new infrastructure that meets current technological and legislative requirements. It is necessary to re-register in the new system for the necessary data update. It is also necessary to equip the vehicle with a new electronic device (on-board unit).
The on-board units can be returned personally at the distribution or contact points or eventually they can be sent by post to the address (no Premid OBU!): Annex NET s.r.o., České družiny 5, 160 00 Praha 6, Czech Republic together with a duly completed claim form including complete bank details, that can be downloaded from our websites. The on-board units should be shipped by post well in advance of the expiration date. If you send the on-board unit by mail and you will need a new one again in shorter time than 6 months, there will be a risk that the return process of your on board unit will not be finished yet and new registration of your vehicle at that time will not be possible. If you are sending multiple Onboard Units at once, pack them so that they do not come into physical contact with each other during transport. This will prevent possible damage to the devices. We do not recommend sending on-board units outside of the European Union due to the customs duties. Pre-pay units for which funds were paid in cash are recommended to be returned in person at service points.
Yes, the electronic device of the original provider is not compatible with the new "satellite" electronic toll system. It is therefore necessary to replace it with a new one, which contains updated geographic information on toll road sections. While driving, the new electronic device monitors the vehicle location when driving using the Global Navigation Satellite System and compares it to the data stored in the GEO model.
In the a post-pay mode, the return of the on-board unit does not automatically mean the termination of the vehicle registration. Registration of the vehicle remains open in case that the Vehicle Operator wants to pick up another on-board unit in the future. If the Vehicle Operator no longer needs any on-board unit for the specific vehicle in the future (for example, he sold the vehicle), it is necessary to cancel the registration of the vehicle in one of the following ways:
- The User with the post-pay terms agreement with deferred maturity terminates the registration of the vehicle in the Customer Zone.
- The User with the post-pay terms agreement with a fuel card payment contacts the Fuel Card Issuer.
- In both cases, the vehicle registration can also be terminated at the Contact Point, where the authorized person (statutory representative of the company or authorized person) will arrive.
In a pre-pay mode, the return of the on-board unit also terminates the registration of the vehicle.
How can caravans and campers with maximum permissible weight of more than 3,5 tons be registered into the toll system?
According to the Czech law, this type of vehicles must be registered as truck. It is not a bus.
In order to register a vehicle in the electronic toll system, the vehicle operator is obliged - in accordance with the act and the decree - to provide the system operator with the data necessary to register the vehicle and submit the vehicle technical certificate or the vehicle registration certificate.
A vehicle in the Electronic Toll System with at least four wheels, the maximum permissible weight being over 3.5 tons, shall be subject to toll payment for using a toll road.
In order to be able to log in to your Self-Care Portal, it is first necessary that you have established user access to the Self-Care Portal (it is generated automatically when registering your vehicle) and know the login details (you will find this information in the e-mail sent to you during registration or you can request them at info@mytocz or +420 243 243 243). Subsequently, it is necessary to connect your user access to the Self-Care Portal with the means of electronic identification. Only then will it be possible to log in to the Self-Care Portal via electronic identity.
By registering early, you will avoid waiting at POSs and secure a smooth transition to the new system. Electronic devices ordered from 22.9. with registration made through the customer zone, will be delivered directly to hauliers free of charge.
(*applicable to the Czech Republic and neighbouring countries)
Vehicle operators have the option of registering in the new Electronic Toll System as soon as 2 months before the system launch, starting from 22.9. 2019. Following successful registration, an electronic device (on-board unit) will be issued to a Vehicle Operator for installation in the vehicle so that it is operational no later than 1 December 2019. The registration is possible at the Points of Sale or through the Customer Zone.
Caution: Until the proper launch of the new toll system (1 December 2019), Vehicle Operators shall be obliged to use the electronic on-board device of the original System Operator.
An electronic device, which is owned by the government, will be lent to the carrier in the same way as before in exchange for a deposit. Carriers can purchase a new electronic device at the Points of Sale, through their fuel card issuers or through the Customer Zone. Electronic devices ordered from 22 September until 30 November 2019 will be delivered to hauliers free of charge.*
(*applicable to the Czech Republic and neighbouring countries)
Yes, according to the amendment to Act No. 13/1997 Coll., which came into effect as of 1 January 2020, (a) vehicles using exclusively electricity or hydrogen as fuel, and (b) vehicles using electricity or hydrogen in combination with another fuel, if the CO2 emission value in the combined operation does not exceed 50 g/km, are entitled to toll payment exemption.
Vehicles already registered as toll free on the basis of an amendment to Act No. 13/1997 Coll. are entitled to a toll refund of tolls paid from 1.1.2020. The entiltement for a reimbursement of toll payment arises by submitting an application, i.e. by completing a claim form sent by email to email@example.com, creating a submission in your customer zone, or submitting a claim form through the Contact point. The application must contain:
- Vehicle licence plate number
- Account number to which funds will be transferred (funds can only be returned by bank transfer)
- Proof that the applicant is the owner or the operator of the vehicle (large technical certificate, leasing contract)
The system of toll discounts continues to work; the rules for their provision are determined by Government Regulation No. 240/2014 Coll. and specified in the General Terms and Conditions.
The carrier has to register the vehicle to the toll discount system in the Customer Zone using an electronic signature (accesses were generated by the carrier when registering the vehicle) and complete the Discount information provision form, which can be downloaded from the Documents for download section. The carrier can also register the vehicle to the toll discount system without an electronic signature at the contact point where the authorized person will bring the completed Discount information provision form and a copy of the vehicle registration certificate. The discount system can be used by all operators with their vehicles operating both in postpay and prepay mode.
In order to approve the registration for discounts, it is necessary that the applicant for the discount is stated in the vehicle registration certificate as the owner or operator of the vehicle. Otherwise, it is necessary to submit a lease agreement or a leasing contract.
We recommend to use e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The procedure for signing in Acrobat:
- The PDF file opens which you want to sign.
- At the top left, click the "Tools" tab.
- Click the “Certificates” item.
- Acrobat switches back to the open PDF and the “Certificates” panel appears at the top.
- Click the "Digital sign" button.
- The signature field is drawn manually to show the visible portion of the signature.
- A dialogue box opens where you need to select the certificate to create the signature.
- Click the "Sign" button.
- September A dialogue box for saving the resulting document with the signature opens.
- Acrobat creates a signature and saves the document. Alternatively, you may see a dialogue box for entering the PIN/password for the signature key, depending on the specific device used for signing.
- If the originator of the submission is a company, entrepreneur or citizen with domicile in Slovakia, it may use a qualified signature or a recognised signature (i.e. a signature based on a qualified certificate, which is not necessarily stored on a qualified device)
- If the originator is a public authority (public institution) in the Czech Republic, it must use a qualified signature with a qualified time stamp
- If the originator of the submission is a company, an entrepreneur or a citizen with a domicile in the EU, it must use a qualified signature
- If the originator of the submission is a company, an entrepreneur or a citizen with a domicile outside the EU, it can use any signature issued by a trusted certification body