Procedure to be followed when reporting transit of vehicles over 3.5 tons of weight, bringing humanitarian aid to Ukraine through the Czech Republic
These instructions apply to transit of vehicles through the Czech Republic in the case of:
- Transport of humanitarian aid to Ukraine by vehicles registered in the Czech Republic and abroad
- These conditions apply for both journeys (there and back)
The situation is resolved by exempting the vehicles from the toll payment duty in the Electronic Toll Collection System and by delivering the information concerning the transit of such vehicles to the Customs Administration of the Czech Republic.
How to submit the notification of the transit:
- Please send a notice in the form (to download here)
- to E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org in czech or english language
The spreadsheet shall indicate:
- The contact person (name, telephone number)
- A list of the vehicle license plates
- Vehicles over 3.5 tons of weight (YES/NO)
- Information concerning the times/dates of the presumed movement of the transiting vehicles on toll roads (from-to), i.e., there and back
- Information concerning the presumed route of the transiting vehicles on toll roads
Please send the filled-in Excel spreadsheet (to donwload here) before commencing the transit to the e-mail address stated above. If it is not possible to send the required information in advance, it should be sent subsequently and as soon as possible.
Your vehicle is already equipped with an on-board unit (OBU)
If an on-board unit (OBU) has been assigned to the vehicle in the Electronic Toll Collection System of the Czech Republic, the OBU should be set into the transport mode prior to commencing the journey.
The relevant procedure is described in the Electronic Device User’s Guide – i.e., the OBU is switched into the transport mode by calling the system operator's customer service line: +420 243 243 243 (operating on 24/7 basis) in a moment when the OBU is switched on and connected to a power source. Alternatively, you can visit one of the customer points – a list of them is here https://mytocz.eu/en/customer-points/list.
Your vehicle is not equipped with an on-board unit (OBU)
The vehicle may set off for the journey without the on-board unit (OBU) on the condition that you provided us with your data in the Excel spreadsheet.