Re-registration of vehicles powered by natural gas or bio-methane and complying with the EURO VI emission standard
Based on an amendment a new emission class (CNG / BIO E6) which is including vehicles meeting the EURO VI emission class powered by natural gas or biomethane (exclusively or in combination) is introduced as of 1 January 2021 in the electronic toll system. The category of vehicles complying with the EURO VI emission standard will thus be divided into two categories according to type of fuel.
Vehicles that have so far been registered in the electronic toll system in the EURO VI emission class and that also meet the condition of being powered by natural gas or biomethane exclusively or in combination, need to apply for re-registration by sending an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. (For M2 and M3 category vehicles registered in the Czech Republic, re-registration is automatic).
Operators using the prepay mode can re-register after 14. 12. 2020 at any distribution point and contact point by returning the on-board unit (termination of registration) and having a new on-board unit issued (new registration).
For vehicles complying with the EURO VI emission standard for which the propulsion unit will be rebuilt for natural gas or biomethane fuel in the future (exclusively or in combination), a complete re-registration must be carried out in the toll system. This means terminating the existing vehicle registration and creating a new vehicle registration with the new parameters (this change must be substantiated by data specified in the Vehicle Registration Certificate - the main technical certificate - Part II.). This procedure applies to both prepay and postpay mode.
Parameters of the newly-created emission category apply to vehicles that:
- meet the EURO VI emission standards and also
- in box P.3 of the Vehicle Registration Certificate have one of the following abbreviations:
- NG, CNG, LNG, D-CNG, BIO METHANE, METHANE, ERDGAS NG, METANO, NM + CNG, BA + CNG, NM + LNG, BA + LNG
The re-registration application has to include:
- a list of the license plate numbers of vehicles entitled to be included in the new emission category
- in the e-mail attachment to the Vehicle Registration Certificate section II (main technical certificate) of the vehicles concerned
Dynamic weight change
As of 1 January 2021 dynamic change of the weight category will be introduced in the toll system, which means that the classification of a vehicle in a weight category changes depending on the connection and disconnection of trailers to the vehicle. The toll rate for a specific vehicle journey will therefore be derived from the current weight of the vehicle / vehicle combination with a trailer at the time of the journey.
The dynamic change of weight category will be applied depending on:
- registered maximum permissible vehicle weight (parameter F.2 "Maximum permissible vehicle weight" on the Vehicle Registration Certificate),
- registered basic number of axles (parameter L on the Vehicle Registration Certificate), and
- the current number of axles while driving.
The specific implementation of the dynamic weight change will depend on the weight category of the vehicle:
- For vehicles of the weight category (3.5 t; 7.5 t) [more than 3.5 t and less than 7.5 t], the toll rate of a higher weight category, i.e. <7.5 t, will be applied when assessing toll events; 12 t) [at least 7,5 t and less than 12 t], if the registered vehicle connects a trailer behind it with two or more axles.
- For vehicles of vehicle category <7.5 t, 12 t) [at least 7.5 t and less than 12 t], the toll rate of a higher weight category, i.e. ≥12 t [at least 12 t], will be applied when assessing toll events, if the registered vehicle connects a trailer behind it with one or more axles.