How To Get OBU?
1 - Where you can get a onboard unit, the possibility of preliminary registration, and registration
2 - Where and how it should be installed in a vehicle
3 - Setting premid prior to each journey
1. Where you can get a OBU, the preliminary registration option, and registration
distribution point centre
The prepaid version of the onboard unit can be obtained and registered at any distribution point. Toll pre-payment can be made in cash, or with credit cards or fleet cards. The premid onboard unit will be issued to the authorised user immediately after the vehicle has been registered in the electronic tolling system and after making a deposit in the amount set by the statutory instruments and the general business terms and conditions of the operator of the electronic tolling system. Premid point distribution centres are located along tolled roads, or within their proximity, and at selected border crossings. They primarily provide services to drivers who are on the road.
contact point centre
Both the prepaid and postpaid versions of the onboard units can be obtained and registered at any point contact centre. This is the only place where a postpaid contract can be signed. The premid unit is issued to the user immediately after the user’s data has been checked and the vehicle has been registered in the electronic tolling system. Most of the premid point contact centres are located in the regional centres of the Czech Republic. Premid point contact centres are the first point of contact for cargo shippers. Premid point contact centre employees provide support in Czech, Slovak, English, German, and Russian.
Client call centre
The client call centre’s main function is to provide information.
Internet portal: www.mytocz.cz
The main role of the premid Internet portal at http://www.mytocz.cz/ is to provide users with comprehensive online services in an efficient manner. In addition to other functions, it enables users to fill in an agreement to be pre-registered in the electronic tolling system. You can simply print out the registration form, sign it, and present it at a premid point contact centre.
Before they use tolled roads vehicles that are obligated to have a premid onboard unit must be registered, the deposit on the units must be paid, and the unit must be installed in the vehicle properly. Vehicle registration depends on the payment system selected. A simple registration form, which is available in distribution points or at contact points, must be filled out before the vehicle can be registered in the prepaid system. Registration contracts for the postpaid system will be available at http://www.mytocz.cz/, or at premid point contact centres.
When registering a vehicle, the road user, or the vehicle driver as the case may be, will be requested to present vehicle documents to ascertain the name and address of the owner or operator of the vehicle, their nationality, (international) licence plate number, weight class of the vehicle, number of axles and the emissions class of the vehicle (EURO 0-II or EURO III and higher). The identification documents of the person presenting the vehicle documents will also be requested. Should no document concerning the vehicle's emissions class be presented, the vehicle will be registered in the EURO 0-II emissions class with the possibility of a later change. However, no toll that has already been incurred shall be refunded. A subsequent change of the emissions class can be made solely based on the vehicle registration book that is to be presented at a contact point or distribution point; however, no toll that has already been incurred shall be refunded.
Registration of toll-exempt vehicles
Those road vehicles, which are legally exempt from the toll, must still carry a special premid onboard unit. These will only be issued in premid point contact centres upon presentation of the required documents.
2. Where and how the on board unit should be installed in a vehicle
- Unpack the OBU and attach the adhesive label containing brief instructions onto the upper part of premid.
- Mount the premid on the inside surface of the windshield. Prior to mounting, the area should be cleaned using the enclosed cleaning pad. The installation area is located at the bottom part of the inside windshield between the centre of the vehicle and the steering wheel. It is prohibited to place any objects within the driver’s field of vision, i.e., objects that could hamper the driver’s view in any direction. The driver of the vehicle is responsible for the correct installation of the premid!
- Remove the protective foil from the Velcro® strips and attach the adhesive side of the Velcro® strip onto the designated surface on the flat side of premid.
- Remove the protective foil from the reverse side of the Velcro® strips and attach the premid onto the cleaned area of the front windshield. When they are not operational, the windshield wipers should not obstruct the premid.
- Following this simple installation procedure, the premid is now properly mounted and ready for use.
- The Velcro® fastener allows for the removal and reattachment of the premid at any time.
- After removing the premid, handling is simple. The premid can be checked, recharged, returned, or exchanged at any distribution point (premid point).
3. Setting the OBU prior to each journey
The following should be checked prior to each journey:
During the registration process, the vehicle category (without trailers) is entered according to the technical characteristics of the vehicle as indicated in the vehicle registration documents and cannot be changed by the user.
The driver of the vehicle must enter the number of axles, according to the actual number of axles on the vehicle, including all trailers and semi-trailers, and raised axle(s).
To change the setting of the number of vehicle axles, press button 1 on the premid for more than 2 seconds. Continue pressing the button until the correct number of axles is displayed. A short flash of the relevant indicator (2, 3, or 4) will confirm the setting.
- The driver of the vehicle is responsible for setting of the number of vehicle axles in the premid correctly